A Special Needs Trust is a trust that is established to benefit an individual who has a disability without affecting his or her entitlement to receive certain governmental benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, vocational rehabilitation, subsidized housing, and other benefits.
Special Needs Trustee Services:
- Provision of professional corporate trusteeship/co-trusteeship
- Facilitation of discretionary distributions in accordance with the terms of the trust agreement and needs of the beneficiaries
- Partnering with family, care providers and case workers
- Filing Trust’s Federal and State taxes
- Not FDIC insured. May lose value. No bank guarantee.