Protecting Your Identity and the Security of Your Information
Your privacy and the safety of your financial information is our utmost concern. Whether in person or online we have security measures and policies to protect your confidential information.
- Devon Bank will NEVER send you an e-mail or text message asking for personal identification numbers or any other confidential information such as your account numbers, Debit Card PIN or login passwords.
- Do not respond to any e-mail, any text message or any other communication which threatens to close your account, lock your account or requests you to click on a link in an e-mail or call a number to check the status of your account. Delete the e-mail or text message immediately.
- When we need to contact you, it will be done in a general way that informs you of our message but NEVER asks for your personal or confidential information.
Like many other companies, Devon Bank, is concerned about the increase in attempts to breach the privacy of our customers by tricking you into responding to e-mails and/or text messages that appear to be sent by Devon Bank.
If you have any questions, please use our PUBLISHED phone number to contact us: (773) 465-2500.
Protecting Your Identity
- Report lost or stolen checks immediately
- Notify your banker of suspicious phone inquiries
- Closely guard your Debit Card Personal Identification Number
- Do not give out financial information unless you know the person or the organization
- Shred bank statements and financial solicitations
- If bills or bank statements fail to reach you, call the bank or company to find out why
- Check your account balance often at the ATM or through our secure online banking
- Check your credit report for free, once a year, at www.annualcreditreport.com
The Security of Your Information
- Internet Protection - before using any of our online services, you will select your own personal password. It is important that you protect your login ID and personal password.
- Encrypted security - whenever you are online with us, your transactions and personal information are secured by powerful encryption software that converts the information into secure code.
Consumer Protection - Find out more about how you can protect yourself from identity theft, scams and other types of financial fraud. Click on the links below for more information.